Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does the village need a new well equipped 24 hr gym? With day time soft play facility

FEED BACK REQUIRED FOR NEW GYM BUSINESS VENTURE IN THE VILLAGE - PLEASE HELP

Does The Village Need a Gym?
    Do you Like to Train late in the evening or very early in the morning?

Are you a Personal Trainer or Class instructor looking for facilities? Or looking to Traine to become a PT?

Are you a Business looking for Parntner Facilities or for corporate membership for your staff & Customers?

What is needed for Teens? Are you interested in a Fitness Career?

What is needed for Mums & Dads? Would your children use soft play or interactive entertainment?

What do you expect to pay for use of these types of facilities?

Do you prefer Membership or Pay as you go?

All feed back would be useful, please get in touch x Thank you all comments will be appreciated x

4 Like(s), 0 Dislike(s)  

Sorry for me personally I don't use a gym and wouldn't like the idea of a 24hr gym in the village.

Pay as you go would be good, you'd get more customers from all around that way too.... There's too many gyms charging extortionate membership charges.....
    I personally would like a 24 hour gym, as I'd like to work out at night. But I don't know how this would benefit you business-wise.....

1 Like(s), 0 Dislike(s)  

A gym would be a great addition to the village :-) not sure about 24 hours but 6 until 10 works well in the city I'm moving from. A soft play would be great for younger kids, especially a soft play mini gym that introduces exercise as play. And smaller gym equipment for older kids. It's nice having a pay as you go and membership option for example paying for classes if you wish but a good package for classes and gym. Brilliant idea though! I hope it works out as it'd be an asset to the village. Oh, and a wee health cafe / smoothy bar with space for kids would also be a great facility for mums to use in the week, people to use after work and families at the weekend!

1 Like(s), 0 Dislike(s)  

The Smoothie/Cafe area is in the plan definately, and the idea of 24 hours is for shift workers and other service personnel who say start work at 6 am or indeed finish at 2am, only a skeleton staff would be required over night. The building is in one of the industrial areas so would not cause nuisance to residents.

I like the idea of a blended approach, membership works if you go 2 to 4 times a week but if you are less regular then Pay as you go works better! As a business owner whose time sometimes gets monopolised by work, I have recently spent 12 weeks away from home and lothe paying for a gym im not using.

I want to create a family facility that is fun and vibrant, attracts families with small children through to teens and create an interest for teens in health and fitness for health but also as a career option too. We are currently working with a city high school on the theme of after school activity and smaller equipment and suitable classes around various sports including Olympic Taekwando as well as regular gym based favourites.

The soft play area is in early design stages and any input of what you would like to see in there, will be gratefully received. I've seen some nifty things whilst on holiday and I am sure you guys have too! My own children range from 9 - 20 now and for years I have tried to find something that fits everyones needs, so now my vision is to create it!

Hopefully we can do this in Buckshaw?

2 Like(s), 0 Dislike(s)  

Id be interestedin a gym with play area for kids. Be careful with the charging structure though as one of the big gyms charged extra for this facility on top of hugely inflated prices and was one of the major factors why i didnt sign up. A gym on the village would be great and if its not too expensive my partner and i would be interested. I will watch this thread with interest :thumbup:

1 Like(s), 0 Dislike(s)  

Thank You D&G - What do you think is a reasonable price structure ??

If it was up to you as a customer, what would you be comfortable with in the following scenarios:-

We are thinking of doing an all inclusive family membership for example?
    Adult plus toddler or adult plus teen?
    Teen Only

Or indeed pay per play or workout or class? Nothing is set in stone yet, and all feed back will be gratefully received and considered x

Not sure on price structure. As mentioned previously payg and annual membership options are a must in order to appeal a wider customer base. I guess pricing will come down to facilities / equipment on offer.

Gym on the village would be great! like the idea of late opening to as i tend to go down later on like 8:30/9pm but at leyland it shuts at 10pm.
    A children's soft play would be good but having been to a few of these parents just tend to let there kids run riot with no care for any child's safety. think it would need to be supervised by staff, but what ages would this be for?

Payg would be good but also a membership scheme would be good to, i think having both would be best.
    As for price, i pay 150 one off payment for 12 months gym and swim membership at leyland leisure centre. it would have to be around that for me to swap.

please keep me update on this.
    FOR THE GREATER GOOD...

I'm a shift worker and nothing has ever possessed me to do a work out in the middle of the night. On my way to a 7am start- yes, after a full night shift at 8am- yes and after a long 7am to 9pm day- yes (especially for a swim, sauna and steam) but never in the middle of the night :-) That's why I think 6am to maybe midnight would be sufficient for most. I'm sure a few people would use it at 3am though but I'm not sure it would be enough to merit even a skeleton staff. I don't know the industry though.

I love the look of the soft play equipment at this baby gym : http://www.arabiangym.com/xs-arabian...ymnastics.html It looks ideal to inspire toddlers and under 5's to start exercising and not just playing and is also a bit different from the stuff you see at regular play centres so would attract parents from far and wide. You'd definitely need a visitor price though!

It'd be great to think of sports equipment to engage children and teenagers in the wake of the Olympics- perhaps athletics based activities. You could arrange runs and activities and things round the village so that the exercise has a visible appearance and inspires a wider audience. That would also keep the prices down. This could also include buggy fit things for parents. There is buggy fit locally but not in walking distance and I think a lot of mum's would like this.

1 Like(s), 1 Dislike(s)